Sunday, October 3, 2010

Much excitement!!

We have had lots of excitement these last 36 hours.  Yesterday I got many hours of play time in the yard. We walked to Eureka Natural to get some Apple Cider Vinegar for Mordecai.  Mom thinks he has a urinary tract infection. 

Last night we went to Arts Alive in Old Town Eureka. That was a little too much for me. There were very exciting dogs there and it was really hard for me to focus on my work and not play with them. I barked a few times and Mom had to take me aside to get me calmed down.  We didn't stay long.

This morning Mom and I walked to Grocery Outlet to pick up a few things. We stopped off at the Post Office so Mom could check her mail. In the box was several envelopes from State Disability. Mom got excited and we rushed home.  Mom was approved! Happy Dance!! 

Later on we went out the patio to visit with Holly (my friend Tetra's handler) and I saw something very interesting. I sniffed it and found that is was a possum! It wasn't really moving. Mom called someone to see if they could help. A nice lady in a dark uniform came to take the possum. She said the possum was alive, but not doing well. It didn't put up a fight and had these things called maggots on it's belly. She put it in a carrier and left with it. I was hoping that I could chase the possum and it would chase me back. But if it was sick or hurt then playing wouldn't be fun.

Mom might have some friends over for a celebration dinner so I'm going to take a nap so I can be ready for tonight's fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment